Holidays usually are reserved and paid weeks or even months in advance. If you need to cancel or abort the tour, that always leaves you with financial consequences. Therefore we recommend to purchase a cancellation insurance. Should you want more flexibility regarding cancelling or rescheduling your tour, then you can choose the Premium Package. Also,we provide a good bicycle for you, adjusted to your height. We recommend to purchase a bike insurance to cover your bicycle for damage and theft.
1. Premium Package
This Premium Package offers you more flexibility regarding cancelling or rescheduling your tour. This might be useful given the present circumstances.
This package exclusively can be added to reservations of tours on the following barges: Anna Antal; Wending; Liza Marleen; Sailing Home; Zwaan; Clair de Lune; Provence.
Please note that you need to purchase this package within 7 days after booking the tour.
What does it include:
- Free rescheduling until 2 weeks prior to the tour. Rescheduling needs to take place within 18 months after the original travel date. For any reason.
- Free cancellation until 4 weeks prior to the tour. For any reason. To be eligible for this benefit you need to fill in a Claims Form. (When cancelling within 4 weeks prior to the tour, the cancellation insurance conditions apply; see under Cancellation insurance).
- Bike insurance (for hybrid bike or e-bike)
- Final payment is due 28 days prior to the tour (instead of 90 days)
- Cancellation insurance from our insurance partner Unigarant
Premium fee: 14% over total invoice (insurance tax + policy fee incl.)
How to pay:
The premium fee is the deposit amount. The deposit needs to be paid within 5 days after you have received your invoice.
This premium fee is non-refundable.
2. Cancellation insurance
The cancellation insurance we offer is from our insurance partner Unigarant and covers you for the costs of cancelling your tour. The closer to departure you need to cancel, the higher these cancellation costs will be. See our Terms & Conditions.
Please note that you need to purchase one of these options within 7 days after booking the tour.
Insured reasons for cancelling
Among other things:
- Serious illness, accident or death affecting you, your travelling companions or relatives in the 1st or 2nd degree
- Extensive damage to property as a result of fire, storm, etc.
- You become unemployed/ you have secured a new job
- Negative travel advice for your holiday destination from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (not as a result of COVID-19)
- A contagious disease with demonstrable health risks for the traveller (not COVID-19)
Exclusions (among other things):
Not insured is damage:
– related to already existing illness, condition or abnormality on the part of party insured, members of his household or family members in the 1st or 2nd degree. This exclusion applies only when the insurance has been concluded more than 7 days after the booking date.
Insurance fee: 6,63% of the travel sum (excl. 21% insurance tax)
Policy fee: € 4,84
How to pay:
The insurance fee is added to the deposit amount. This amount needs to be paid within 5 days after you have received your invoice.
This insurance fee is non-refundable.
The full conditions of the Unigarant Cancellation Insurance are sent to you after purchasing this insurance.
3. Bicycle insurance
(not available on all bike tours. This is indicated on the tour page under ‘Rent a bike’)
We provide a good bicycle for you, adjusted to your height. You are liable for damage or theft as long as the bicycle is not on board. This insurance covers the bicycle for damage and theft. The insurance does not cover either damage caused by negligent or careless use of the bicycle, or theft if the bicycle has not been properly locked with a view to preventing theft. Leaving the bicycle unlocked and unattended is construed as not taking due care of the bicycle and the insurance is not valid in this case.
When you are cycling without supervision (the tour guide) and you cannot leave your bicycle in a safe place, then the bicycle should be parked, locked, in a supervised cycle parking shed. In the evening and at night the bicycle should be placed on or the near the barge. The tour guide will lock all bicycles.
The bicycle insurance covers the cost of the repair or replacement of bicycle parts in case of an accident. It also protects against theft of the bike while it was locked. The key to the bike lock will always have to be handed over in order to cover the loss.
Insurance fee: € 20,- per bike, no own-risk/ € 40,- per electric bike, no own-risk